On Wednesday October 6, 2010, ArtsConnectEd launched a major update. This update includes exciting changes to Art Finder. We also resolved many technical issues throughout the site. Thank you to everyone who provided feedback on his or her ArtsConnectEd experience. Keep in touch; use the Feedback button at any time to let us know what you think about ArtsConnectEd.
Here’s a peek at what’s new. Check out the changes for yourself at http://www.artsconnected.org. Please note that you may need to refresh the site or delete your browser’s cache in order to view these updates.
- Art Finder now works with your browser’s back button.
- Share links to a specific search results by copying the URL from your browser’s location or address bar, as you would any other Web site.
- The breadcrumb trail at the top of Art Finder has new functionality.You can refine your search by clicking to remove the appropriate part of the breadcrumb trail. Figure 1
- A new Art Finder feature suggests methods for more fruitful searching when your search has no or few results a new feature will suggest ways to expand your results.
- Text items have a new icon that shows an excerpt of the document. Figure 3
- Audio items are now represented by the image of a related object. Figure 4
- Over 3,000 new images since the beginning of the year.
Figure 1. New Breadcrumb Trail
Figure 2. New Search Suggestions
Figure 3. New Text Icons in Art Finder
Figure 4. New Audio Icon in Art Finder